Sunday, August 10, 2008

We're Back... Our Adventures From the Road

I am so sorry that I haven't updated the blog in FOREVER but we have been so busy these past few weeks. First, with the help of my most AMAZING friends, (Jennifer, Deanna and Sarah), and my very handy-man hubby, we pulled off the 1st Semi-Annual BBMS Consignment Sale. It was a huge undertaking but in the end was a success.

The day after the sale, we headed to South Carolina to see my grandmother and the rest of the family and then we headed to Atlanta for several days.
Monday, we spent the day with Granny Polly and had a delicious Italian dinner with our family. Tuesday, we drove back to Atlanta and did a little shopping (I LOVE Value City!!).
Wednesday was Granny's birthday and we had a cookout that night with some family friends.
Thursday we went to see the dinosaurs and penguins (or as Walker calls them, Penises) at Fernbank Science Center.
Friday, we went to Stone Mountain to ride the choo-choo, the sky "thing" to the top of the mountain, play miniature golf and play at the giant indoor playground. Friday night Daddy came up to bring us home.
Saturday we all went to see the "feeshies and penises" at the Georgia Aquarium.
Today we drove home and this week we start school... Geesh, what a week!!

Thanks to Granny for showing us such a good time in Atlanta and thanks to Daddy for bringing us home!!


Walker counts his money and puts it in his Choo-Choo bank. We have to save our pennies for the trip!





















Walker with Granny Paw-we (Polly).














Walker happily holds court with the family.














We had a great dinner and it was nice to have everyone together.

















We celebrate Granny's 62nd Birthday!! Happy Birthday, Granny!!

We hope you love your new Crocs, Granny!!
Walker loves to put on Granny's make-up!
This may be his least manly pursuit Reading the signs at Fernbank Science Center.

"Look, a weasel!"
This was very cute. Walker had a long conversation with the pre-recorded voice on the other end of the line. He kept saying "yeah, um-huh, yeah" and at the end, he politely said "bye, bye".
Walker told us that the dinosaurs were "too loud". That is his two-year old way of saying "too scary". They were huge and it made me realize that Walker is still really tiny. Walker loved the choo-choo at Stone Mountain so much we rode it twice.


Pretty boy.
Miniature golfing is great!!
How do I line up the putt, Granny?
When all else fails, just throw it in the hole.
Enjoying the Aquarium with Daddy.



We had such a good time but we missed our friends and we are happy to be back!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That profile shot of Walker is breathtaking and most definitely frameworthy. We missed you guys SO much, don't leave us like that again!

Kate & Gabe said...

I am so glad that you took lots of pictures! And I agree with Jennifer, what an amazing profile shot of that beautiful boy of yours!

I can't believe that you guys are back just in time for us to leave. We will miss you guys sooo much!

Have fun back at school today Walker....we love you & will miss you lots!

Terri Sarratt said...

I love being able to see these pictures and read your commentary even when I was there for the events that generated the pictures. Can't wait for school pictures this year.